Re: Fwd: Re: Linux GameDev IRC meeting (fwd)

Adrian Ratnapala wrote:

>> Well, ID already port their games to linux so they will probably go for
the API we >What the situ with ID?  I've heard they have become a lot more
hostile >lately.

I got a mail address of the ID guy (Zoic) who ported all the popular games
to Un*x platforms. IMHO it doesnīt hurt to invite him to The Big One.

>> recommend if we are set on one once for all; you can have ubisoft' addresses
>> but not sure they'll want to port rayman, rayman II and tonic trouble to linux..
>
>OK now for the point of this message:
>
>I think it is important that we make clear that we are not asking anyone
>to port right now (if they want to, then good for them).  What we want to
>know is what do _they_ want from us, so that we can meet their needs
>better.

I already told him so, but we should make this explicitly clear at
the meeting (itīs a central point anyways). Iīll note it in my scripts....

Cu
	Christian