Re: A suggestion for expansion...

Brenden Tuck wrote:

>I was asked during the last irc talk: "what was I looking for
>in a commercial grade game SDK?"  After sleeping on it, I have
>thought of a highlevel feature that isn't mentioned: video
>playback for cutscenes.  Probably the easiest commercial example
>to mention would be the Smacker player from RAD Game Tools.

Yep, that's important. But actually we already started planning for this
(but you're right - it's not in the docs yet).

The 2d system will understand a general concept of "2d image", which can be
a pixmap, vector drawing, solid colour or, well, an animation. So you'd
simply "draw" the animation on some surface just like a normal pixmap.
Synchronizing the animation with the sound won't be too difficult either
(propably we'll need an own anim format where sound and gfx are clearly
separated...)

Cu
	Christian
--