Re: Doc updates and Webpage restructuring

Christian Reiniger wrote: Also, Adrian wanted to place the short overviews on
the homepage now. If

> you haven't written yours yet, *please* do it now!

And as for the main "overview doc".  I just completed a draft.  I'll post it
here.  I probably won't get
around to checking it into CVS till Friday.  If everyone could make their
comments by Thursday, that
would be great.

> --------------
> The main idea behind this system is to provide transparent
> handling of files collected in tar-like archives, similar to the
> famous DOOM WADs. The interface will be as similar as possible to stdio
> (C) and iostream (C++).
> --------------

Thanks.

> Another thing:
>
> I think our homepage structure slowly gets a bit confuse. We should
> seriously think about rearranging things. Here's a list of things I noted:
>
> * Gamespace (currently on the Doc page) should be considered an own
> subproject

Hmm, I feel gamespace should be put on hold until lower level stuff is sorted
out.What feels the list?

> * Perhaps we should have a link to the FAQ on the main page

Yes.

> * The Ressources page lacks most of the other gamedev projects

True.

> * We should place the "Linux Game Dev. Webring" button on the main page

Yes.

> What about creating a "Project parts" page, listing all parts with their
> short overview and a link to their homepage, replacing the current
> Gfx/Sound/Net/Input links on the mainpage (that are easily overlooked) and
> the GameSpace/FileAccess links on the Docs page?

YES YES YES YES.