Re: Next IRC meeting

Christian Reiniger wrote:

> Adrian Ratnapala wrote:
>

> >I know we should get things done quickly, but I feel we need time to prepare
> >and
>
> .... but delaying our expectations by one week perhaps wouldn't be too bad.
> In other words: IMHO the weekly meetings are A Good Thing (TM) and also the
> one text weekend will be useful. But you're right - it's a bit unrealistic
> to expect we could do everyting so soon. *sigh*

OK: But what are we to discuss at _this_ weeks meeting then?  I'm worriedthat
people would get sick of the meetings and not turn up for the important
ones.

> But none of the projects will have their homepage updated early enough
> (hint, hint ;)...

Well I just posted the draft of the overview doc.

> >I am thinking about doing a very primitve Space Invaders games (you know,
> >the
> >old ones where all the bad guys lined up in a rectangle and were solid
> >purple).
>
> Yeah. But perhaps it's easier to use the ClanLib Pacman clone for this
> (would be much less work IMHO)

Ahh yes, but while it would be nice to lear pg2d, I mostly want to learn
ClanLib,so I'll have to start from scratch.  (Or maybe port a little X11 game,
XBill maybe?).

> >pg2d is almost ready for such a demo program (actually it is ready, only
>
> Hou have code? Real code? Code that at least pretends to work???
> Woooow! ;+)

Yes.  And provided I made no mistakes in checking all my many changes into
CVS,you will be able to compile it and see a very dull demo.  (My old demo was
_so_ pretty,
this is just boring).

> >it would be dog slow and I want to make some other fixes first). As far as I
>
> Speed isn't important in this stage

Yep, but I am doing blits using lots of little putpixels.

Well, if it was good enough for Java, its good enough for me.