Re: Different game projects, my opinion

Quantum Fire wrote:
>    There was talk on the GGI mailling list a week or two ago about a GSI
> project.  I didn't get a chance to look at the project but it sounded
> pretty good.  Couldn't this fit the need for a sound interface in game
> development?

I've had a look at it and it seems splendid - quite efficient and
featuresome, despite being relatively low-level.

However, I couldn't get its MIDI support to work at all on my
GUS classic - but I did only download an 'unstable' version.  Neither
have I tried to actually code with it, but at a glance the API looks
pretty good.

Just some comments.  I don't want to start the Canonical Sound System
debate for about the (literally) sixth time on this list.

--Adam