Re: Overview Doc.

Adrian Ratnapala wrote:

>Hmm, well I just have netscape up at 18 point.  I'll probably
>fix it this afternoon.   Tuesday is my CVS day.  Don't ask me
>why, it is due to my complicated ISP situation (I didn't really

LOL :---))

>> (2) Someone on the GGI list stated that GII&Co are now seperate projects
>> (i.e. don't really belong anymore to GGI)
>Hmm.  What exactly is meant by this, and does it matter to our audience.

Hmmm, at least GSI has its own homepage, wait, ...,
http://wouters.www.cistron.nl/gsi/gsi.html

I don't know about GII though

>> (1) "similar in functionality to" is perhaps misleading (IMHO)
>What exactly would you prefer.

hmmmmm, perhaps "... is more or less the normal stdio/iostream with the
added capability to transparently handle files contained in WAD-like
archives"

>> (2) I definitely want to have the iostream like interface
>I'd agree with you wholehartedly except for one thing.  If we are going
>to have an stdio interface _anyway_, the additional iostream interface
>is just sugar, we may not want to bloat PPlay with two interfaces which
>are functinally equivalent.

This won't be much bloat. The iostream interface most likely will be a
variant of the usual iostream (well, fstream) interface that refers to the
stdio functions.

And it adds consistency to the entire thing (Why shouldn't have Layer O
a native FileAcces interface?) IMHO.

>> Drink wet cement. Get stoned.
>Shall we start an acadamy for creative drug taking?

At least it's not addictive ;)

Cu
	Christian
--

Hiroshima 45 .. Tschernobyl 86 .. Windows 95