Re: Overview Doc.

Christian Reiniger wrote: >> (2) Someone on the GGI list stated that GII&Co
are now seperate projects

> >> (i.e. don't really belong anymore to GGI)
> >Hmm.  What exactly is meant by this, and does it matter to our audience.
>
> Hmmm, at least GSI has its own homepage, wait, ...,
> http://wouters.www.cistron.nl/gsi/gsi.html
>
> I don't know about GII though

OK.  I guess that is up to the mainter of the sound and input pages though.
Hint hint.

> hmmmmm, perhaps "... is more or less the normal stdio/iostream with the
> added capability to transparently handle files contained in WAD-like
> archives"

Yep, good.

> This won't be much bloat. The iostream interface most likely will be a
> variant of the usual iostream (well, fstream) interface that refers to the
> stdio functions.

I suppose it's OK if you can do it without bloat.  BTW the standard
C++iostream does not have to refer to iostream.  In fact under GNU they
do it the other way around!  (Well, not exactly, but something like that.
I don't know how.)