Re: Webmaster

On Tue, 15 Dec 1998, Christian Reiniger wrote:

> Yep. We need some submission mechanism for the "news" section and perhaps
> also the FAQ etc (apropos FAQ - I think we had a FAQ maintainer some time
> ago - where is he??).

Stephane Peter wrote the first (and only) FAQ.  However I have suggested
that faq-o-mantic could be set up.

Then questions could be added and maintained though the web.

Essentially it requires a cgi (perl) module to be installed, cgi
permissions given to one file, and one cron job.

I can set it up if this is of interest.  (Other than installing the cgi
package, which is possible just at a user level.  But better at system
level)

Nicholas

--
      "I reserve the right to contradict myself"
Nicholas Lee (Li Peng Ming)  n.j.lee at statslab.cam.ac in uk