Re: New directions with much less objectives (Was Re: Comments?)

Adrian Ratnapala wrote:

>I thought of switching to auto_ptr<>, since that kind of thing
>is more to my taste, but I balked because I am not sure if the
>auto_ptr<> on GNU systems is standard, so for now I am doing

Last time I checked (egcs 1.0.3) it wasn't :-((

>> Will it be ported to others OS's like
>> Be?
>I would assume so, however if not we could write appropriate
>PPlay targets, or maybe we could port the GGI.

...Which makes more sense and wouldn't be much more work.

>We do have a plan of how to fit this together
>    http://sunsite.auc.dk/penguinplay/PenguinDoc/general.html
>which we are working to, but that plan is ancient and incomplete, I'm
>pretty sure it that it is still valid in general terms, but I will

Geez, I completely forgot about that one. It's really high time that we
collect all this doc bits laying around!
I quickly skimmed through it again, it should still be about 90% valid.
So (almost) forget my former post and concentrate on this one.

>I think it would be really good if someone like you could help us
>keep such plans and the corresponding documents up to date and comlete.

Seconded.

>Sorry, I have to attend to my corner of the web site.  I haven't touched
>it in months.  By the class heirarchy and methods, I think you are

Apropos "not touched it in months": Another reminder of that "what parts of
the homepage are still up-to-date" mail. Please fill in what you know, guys!

Cu
	Christian
--

(A)bort (R)etry (P)retend this never happened ...