[org] The FAQ and more

From a private conversation between Nick/Adrian/myself:

>> >Check out:
>> >http://sunsite.auc.dk/cgi-bin/ppfom
>>
>> Neat. Is it ready to play around with it? And does it support access
>rights > etc?

>Sure does.  I'm adding a little bit of stuff as I write this from the
>static faq.   I guess maybe we should consider our access policy.

That's my first point. Access Policy.

The FOM setup allows the PPlay developers to directly add/modify FAQ items
- without the redirection over some FAQ maintainer (while I still want to
have a maintainer taking care of duplicate entries etcetc [1]). But who may
access it?
I think all developers with r/w CVS access sounds like a good start for
this. Stephane - we need your help here.

Topic "who": I already sent a mail around concerning wo is active / who is
interested / who is "on hold" etc. I feel that it is relatively important
now to have a good view of who is really in, who takes care of what etc.
So please guys, give your comment to that mail.

And, as Sherman pointed out several times, we need a new PenguinSound team
leader. Dear Lurkers - I know there are quite some of you on these lists.
It would be great if one of you could do this at least for some time.[2]

Ok, another thing. The Website.

Henti, do you already have some kind of timeline? Do you have an overview
of where you need help and where we can help you? Do you already have
relatively concrete ideas on how to organize/design the new site?

Well, I think that's it for now. Let's show a bit more action. I want to
have at least one PPlay release out in this millenium ;)

[1] Jean-Martin Lotz is still listed as FAQ maintainer. Is he still alive?
In any case, I think we need someone taking care of the documentation -
maintaining the FAQ, maintaining one central docbook version of the docs
etcetc. If Jean-Martin doesn't speak up this we'll have to look for
someone [2].

[2] We should have some doc on the homepage about what kinds of people are
needed most right now.

Cu
	Christian
--

"World domination. Fast." (Linus Thorvalds about Linux)