Re: [org] The FAQ and more

On Sat, 2 Jan 1999, Christian Reiniger wrote:

> >Sure does.  I'm adding a little bit of stuff as I write this from the
> >static faq.   I guess maybe we should consider our access policy.
>
> That's my first point. Access Policy.
>
> The FOM setup allows the PPlay developers to directly add/modify FAQ items
> - without the redirection over some FAQ maintainer (while I still want to
> have a maintainer taking care of duplicate entries etcetc [1]). But who may
> access it?

To be specific FOM basically allows three types of access:
i) moderator
ii) group (which are created by myself currently, eg PengiunPlay-Graphics
    for the Graphics section)
iii) public access (either authorised or unauthorised)

Although these are the basic access types, any combination of the above is
possible.

> I think all developers with r/w CVS access sounds like a good start for
> this. Stephane - we need your help here.

Send me the list of who (email addresses they wish to access from) and
which section they want to have access to.

> [1] Jean-Martin Lotz is still listed as FAQ maintainer. Is he still alive?
> In any case, I think we need someone taking care of the documentation -
> maintaining the FAQ, maintaining one central docbook version of the docs
> etcetc. If Jean-Martin doesn't speak up this we'll have to look for
> someone [2].

The FAQ certainly needs some updating.  I've basically pull the old static
based version via c&p into the FOM.   So it's now possible for 'everyone'
to maintain the FAQ, although maybe not practical. 8)

> [2] We should have some doc on the homepage about what kinds of people are
> needed most right now.

This is pretty easy to maintain dynamically through FOM, with a pointer
from the main web page.

Nicholas

--
      "I reserve the right to contradict myself"
Nicholas Lee (Li Peng Ming)  n.j.lee at statslab.cam.ac in uk