Re: Demo Game Plan

Adrian Ratnapala wrote:

> > I just noticed that I haven't responded to your latest Demo Game Plan mail,

>OK.   Actually I have been quite remiss about this because I haven't
>been reading enough mail and replying even less.

How much free time do you have now?
For me, exams are approaching and the preparations suck up most of my time
:(

>I've been working on the Demo.  I even have code.  I haven't committed

Excellent.

>it, and won't until its starts looking like C++ instead of C++-like
>pseudocode (i.e I'll wait till it compiles). BTW: I have been
>using C++ features heavily, including the STL (since this is not
>a program which is pushing resource limits).

No problem with me. As long as it compiles (and works ;)

>GFX:
>   Exports two main things, Sprites and Views.  A the only View
>at the moment is the main viewport, but radar screens etc. would
>be view (as if you would have them in a platformer:) ).  They

Why not? A kind of level map in some corner would be nice for example.

>   Sprites:  At present each agent has its own private sprite object.
>(The sprites can shared raster data though).  It might make sense
>to let agents share sprites instead, not sure.  Sprites hold

I wouldn't do it. The *sprite* should know its position, current anim phase
etc, so sharing those things would be silly. And if they share the *image*
data the extra memory used isn't even noticeable.

>        This is intentional, only the "control" module should know
>        about the semantics of keystrokes etc.  So control will call

Good. makes adding configurability easier.

	Christian