Re: Polite Request

Sorry list members.  The mail I responded to was not UBE.  It was a reply
to UBE or spam that found it's way to the list via reply to address.  I
just wanted the list members and operators to know about the problem.

Frederic,  UBE, otherwise known as spam, is Unsolicited Bulk E-Mail.  They
are annoying and often scams to steal your money.  They are often sent out
to a large numbers of mailboxes, not knowing if they are valid or not.  If
you reply to them, that validates your email address and they can then sell
it to others in the form of large email lists.  They also get email
addresses from messages posted to usenet, irc, and websites.  Some of the
spam is acually offers for these lists or for the programs that mail to the
generic mailboxes for a price.  If you don't get them, maybe your internet
service provider or your country blocks them.  Consider yourself lucky.