Re: Here it is!

Well, low-level maybe...but, the way my idea runs the programmers of games
have no worries at all...the user installs psound driver for his card and
the programmer of the game doesn't care because, all of the drivers work
the same way, just for a different card.

   Btw, i mentioned nothing of music in that plan, but I _DO_ want to do
music.  Midi plans, are in my mind, i simply did not type them up yet.
(Although, I must honestly say, I dislike MIDI. :-)

   I think you and I have the basically same idea.  I just didn't express
my idea correctly (that happens when one is tired and can't think straight
:-).

    Hardware stuff I definitely want to use. OSS and ALSA I want to
interface, but, I would like for us to do our own hardware interface stuff
also.

On the portability issue: As much as possible, I plan to keep PSound portable!

Derek