Re: FileAccess: C or C++ ?

On Wed, 11 Nov 1998, Christian Reiniger wrote:

> C is more controllable (in terms of size and speed), but C++ makes it
You sure about that.  If you just keep your head on you should not
get into trouble.

> easier to handle the dir structure etc.
If you say so, you're the one working on the thing.

> It should also be noted that it's not neccessary to use the fancier C++
> features like templates and virtual functions here.
Well, not that virtual functions are that evil (this from the person
who designed half of pg2d around not putting any in ppgSurface:).

> What do you think?
If you mean C. vs Implementation-in-C++-but-with-extern
"C"-interface.  I think it depends on what the implementor thinks
is easier.  I think if I ever get around to doing the event system,
I will do this C-impemented-in-C++ trick because I did two prototypes
in pure C and they got pretty messy.  I'm too much of a spoiled-OO
programmer I guess.