Re: FileAccess: C or C++ ?

Stating the obvious,

C++ Should defeinitly be used, whith C wrappers.  As long as you
try to keep  C++ simple ( as Christina pointed out , and not use Templates)
the C++ interface would be very advantagious.

BTW I do not consider Virtual functions a fancy feature.  They are great
place holders that help progrmmamers properly implement C++ classes.