RE: File Access: cache-on-HDD, more

Hi all

Sorry for a long silence .. been away for a while ..

regarding disk cache. I worked witha  group of guy's who was working on a game
and they used a nice system that works like this.

When installing the game, you usually have a minimum, medium and maximum
install.

They decided that this is not a good way of doing things. So when installing it
ask you what space you want to allocate for your install, let's say 100MB

so it creates a 100MB file for install .. then when you play the game it reads
from the cdrom .. and dumps it into the cachefile ( install file )

This can work well for tile based games .. but can it maybe be applied to 3d
games as well ??

Henti