Re: Release plan (was: Progress Update)

Christian Reiniger wrote:

> But as a STDIO clone API is so powerful, there are quite a few things that
> it has to support from the start. For example normal paths, including
> directory hierarchies. I started implementing that in a very simple way,
> but soon I encountered something basic which simply couldn't be done with
> that implementation, or only with massive workaround code. So the internal
> code for directory/file organization was redesigned and rewritten, making
> it more elegant and powerful and able to even cope with many unforseen
> situations.

I was thinking about this, and an easy counter to this would be to make
the first release a simple stdio wrapper, then just say "use that
instead of stdio and Good Things will happen by themselves later on for
your program".

Also, as long as you don't need enumeration (the
opendir/readdir/closedir API), directories are just *names*, just like
files. I suppose you do have enumeration support if you're having such a
hard time.

--
Pierre Phaneuf
Ludus Design, http://ludusdesign.com/