Re: Website update + CVS notes

>>>>> "Peter" == Peter Burns <pburns@firstdata.com.au> writes:

Peter> Is there a program that can strip windows newline characters
Peter> (they show up as ^M) from files? It shouldn't matter much for
Peter> the code but if it gets in the autoconf / automake files it
Peter> stuff them up. It would be nice if you could setup CVS so that
Peter> it cleans this up when files are checked in.

Peter> Since I've been coding in both windows and linux this is one of
Peter> the things that really bugs me. Maybe I should just try and
Peter> write a perl script or something for this.

Try:  perl -pi -e "s/\r//;" filename

/bart
--
caffeine low .... brain halted