Re: [RANT] What's up ???

On Thu, 9 Sep 1999, Christian Reiniger wrote:

>Jan Ekholm wrote:

>>don't even like the naming conventions etc. that are used in PP.
>
>Can you be more concrete? There's still time to improve them.

I don't like to redefine common types with own ones, such as int, char
etc. It may be necessary for cross-platform funtionality, but that does
not mean I have to like it. I also don't like to be force to have a common
prefix for all classes, that's what namespaces are for. Namespaces don't
maybe yet work fully, but at the time PP is ready they most likely will.
It's not hard to make autoconf check for namespaces, set a flag in
config.h and then check that flag in the headers, like:

#ifdef HAVE_NAMESPACES
namespace PenguinPlay {
#endif

class Foo {
};

#ifdef  HAVE_NAMESPACES
}
#endif

It think... I plan on using something similar in my scenegraph.

 Jan 'Chakie' Ekholm |    CS at Åbo Akademi University, Turku, Finland
    Linux Inside     | I'm the blue screen of death, no-one hears you scream