Re: [pygame] Hashido

> the examples and tutorials? are there parts of pygame that were

I did not have any trouble with the examples or tutorial. I just found the
surfarray
a bit difficult to assimilate right now but I did not dig very deep.
I will have to go on working on Hashido! ;)

> you have a hard time with some of the english (not much i can do
> about that though)

English is not that hard, but I might help for the translation to French
(when I have time).

> i'll warn you that there are no current GUI tools for working with

Yes, i know that. This is not my main concern since I intend to build
progressively. I intend first to write the engine (model) side and
eventually
to add a GUI on top. Anyway, this kind of presentation system requires its
own set of GUI elements to be able to move around text and gfx.
Scala set is custom made and really good in fact.

> i found the website for the scala authoring system (i think)
> http://www.scala.com/infochannel/features.html

You did!

> this looks like a pretty advanced app, and i'd be a little wary

very good indeed!

> then again, you may not be looking to implement all the features.

exactly. A lot of the wipes are not very interesting but I definitely want a
few things to work:
- simple picture/text apparition
- sound
- whole screen transition (might be the most time consuming)

and eventually video...

> MPEG playback with the SMPEG library, it is in the plans to someday
> add support for this in pygame too. (shouldn't be too difficult)

I might help. I have looked at the current python/C interface code and it
does
not look scary.

> Numeric department. Of course it is also possible to create the
> transitions in C or C++ and import them into your python code.

yep, i will see.

> system with things like bulleted lists, justifying, dropshadowed, etc.

part of the text display system i will have to implement.

> module. i always assumed it should be able to do alternative font
> sets, but its nice to hear it all worked.

I knew you would be happy to hear that!

> start for defining how you want your program to work. (ie, some parts
> do exactly the same, and other parts changed around)

thanks for the advices I will start tonight!

Guillaume