[pygame] Fullscreen mode?

Hi all,

I tried to use the ability to run in a fullscreen mode today. Works just
fine, the game initializes into fullscreen and works smoothly. However,
when starting the game windowed (what I usually do while developing) and
the toggling to fullscreen using pygame.display.toggle_fullscreen() the
resolution remains the same, and does not change to the lower one used by
the game. As a result I get a small "window" in the middle of the screen
with large black borders around it. All works ok despite this. I run the
game in 1024x768, but develop under 1920x1440, so it looks kind of silly.

Is this the way it is supposed to work? I've never tried toggling before,
so I'm not sure how it worked earlier (I switched to XFree4 a few days
ago). Oh yeah, I use Linux, pygame 0.9, XFree4, Python 2.0.

Regards,
    Chakie