Re: [pygame] Hashido

> second, this one is easy and important. make sure all your surfaces
> are the same format. this means the same bpp, colormasks, etc. the

I have a stupid question.
If i do a

surface = font.render("some text",1,(240,240,240))

What is the surface format of this text?
Because i tried to convert it to the screen format and it basically nuked
my rendered font.
I am slowly getting into the inner parts of pygame (looking at making the
movie module happen using SMPEG) so i will be probably able to find out
by myself later but until that i still need some answer. ;)

> third, only update the parts of the screen that have changed, and
> call pygame.display.update() with a list of changed rectangle areas.

Ok sounds good and looks normal to me!
> creating a VideoInfo object, pygame.display.Info()

thanks for the tip...

Guillaume

PS: i really put lots of hope on the speed of pygame because otherelse I
will have to rewrite most things in C/C++ and I don't want! ;)

-- lazyness is your friend and when it is your enemy, you will always lose.