Re: [pygame] Pygame

On 2003.04.22 19:54, john fleming wrote:
> if you think about that, it's not such a crazy idea. games like Quake3
> and Unreal are written entirely in a high level bytecode interpreted
> language which runs on a C engine.
>
> Just out of curiosty what languages are they written in?
> And sounds like a great collabrative online effort for the future, hint
> hint, BEYOND ut2003!, not the slightest bit pretentious.

Actually, I think the scripting engines that a lot of these games use
are woefully inadequate (with respect to speed as well as functionality,
of course). Python could really show some of them up. I'd bet a lot
of them could have less C/C++ than they have, if they had used a decent
high-level language (Python!). And don't forget the God-send to the
Python game-developer community, Psyco. :-)

This is mainly because they're all basically one-offs, made specifically
for the game, and  haven't been optimized and contributed to by a
large community like Python has.

---------+     http://twistedmatrix.com/users/radix.twistd/