Re: [pygame] Network game programming with python

On 2003.04.14 04:15, Jan Ekholm wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Apr 2003, Bob Ippolito wrote:
> >Well if you're distributing an application in a self-containedish
> >format, or as a debian package, or whatever.. it's not going to make so
> >much of a difference whether you use Twisted or not.
>
> We distribute as deb and "other formats", but adding Twisted into the
> package will just open up a can of worms. It should be provided with
> Python or be a separate simple download.

I don't understand why packaging Twisted with your app is a problem;
I've packaged self-contained apps that require Twisted before and it
was very simple.

And on stdlib integration: No, Twisted probably won't be integrated
into the main library any time soon. Maybe bits and pieces of our
`utility' functionality will, but it's obvious that it's a real PITA
to maintain an in-python version along-side our own package (If you've
never had to figure out which versions of PyXML have which conflicting
bugs, I envy you :-).

---------+     http://twistedmatrix.com/users/radix.twistd/