Re: [pygame] Network game programming with python

On 2003.04.13 00:34, RPGnMets@aol.com wrote:
> Does anyone have experience with realtime network game programming
> in python?  I've been taking a look at twisted, as well as the
> python socket module, but I don't really know what I should use.
> Twisted has been hyped a lot, but it's event driven model bends my
> always have programmed sequentially mind.  Going with python
> sockets, on the other hand, may have me reinventing the wheel.

Disclaimer: See my sig. :-)

Well, if you're going to write a game, you're almost certainly going
to do it in a mostly event-driven fashion (unless you were planning on
using a thread per game-entity ;-), so that argument against Twisted
doesn't work. In fact, Twisted could probably help you with
non-network-related things, since it offers lots of goody helpers for
event-driven programming that Pygame doesn't.

---------+     http://twistedmatrix.com/users/radix.twistd/