Re: [pygame] simple strategygame

Stefan Elwesthal wrote:

Hi all!

I'm a rookie Pygame-wannabee who loves strategy-games. Of course, I then want to write my own ones (just so I will know how to win them :)
My problem is, I'm quite new on this, and all the tutorials and examples I've found and read are about side-scrollergames. Does anyone know where to look to get some hints on how to create "my kind of games"? It would be great to see different solutions to different problems that definietly will occur.
I only found "civil", and that's quite a lot of code to read.. maybe not the best way to start for an amateur like me :(

Thanx for any hints

Regards
Stefan

Hi Stefan

Im a pygame newbie too. I have just made a boardgame conversion of
a game called Rise and Fall. You can find it at http://www.pcwargames.com

I'm now in the process of converting it to pygame. The first thing I'm doing is
writing a GUI that hopefully will be suited for strategy games. I have only
been at it for a couple of weeks so there isn't much to see yet but if your interested
we could colaborate on writing the GUI. I will release the GUI for free
later, LGPL style probably.

Bo)