Re: [pygame] Is Pygame slow on Linux?

Works fine for me. It may be a video driver-related problem. Make sure you have the latest X-windows driver.
It may also be a configuration issue.
Look at FAQs on Linux and your hardware, and X-Windows.
I kind of figured out the problem. For some reason I need to use about twice the FPS in Linux as in Win98 to get about the same performance? I moved FPS to being a setting that can be set in the configuration file and set the default to what will work in Linux. The program still seems to use up a large portion of the CPU though which seems odd.