Re: [pygame] The Riley book

On Mon, 27 Apr 2004, [ISO-8859-1] Snebjørn Andersen wrote:

> On Tue, 2004-04-27 at 01:07, Mike Wagman wrote:
> > Just got it- I'm impressed have not tested the code under linux. Takes
> > alot of topics and starts from a solid beginners grasp and goes forward.
>
> Yes, it's a very nice book - but the version of PyUI being used will NOT
> work under Linux. I tried it when I bought the book some months ago and
> it only works with Win32.
>
> That may be fixed in future versions of PyUI, though.

Hmmm.  Why wouldn't it work?  If it's based on top of pygame and openGL
is should work...  This might not be a difficult thing to fix.

IMHO the major downside to Pyui is that it's now unsupported.  I'm having to
maintain and extend my own version.  Even so, for my purposes it's better
than the alternatives I've seen.

-Jasper