Re: [pygame] new windows python2.4 pygame 1.7.0 installer

On Thursday 14 April 2005 14:35, Richard Jones wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 01:39 pm, Rene Dudfield wrote:
> > I made a new installer without any of the smpeg stuff in it.
> >
> > http://www.madecollective.com/~rene/pygame-1.7.0.win32-py2.4.exe
>
> Just to confirm - which Python installer is this compiled for? Will it work
> with the windows Python 2.4.1 from pydotorg?

Minor (or bugfix) releases of Python are, by design, backwards and forwards
compatible with each other (assuming you're not depending on the behaviour of
a bug <wink>)

That is, if something works with a Python 2.4.x (including 2.4 itself), it'll
work with any Python 2.4.x (including 2.4). See PEP 0006 for more details,
although note that there will be an update to it shortly making the backwards
and forwards compat constraints even stricter.

This is also the case with all versions of Python 2.3.x being compatible with
other 2.3.x versions, although that guarantee doesn't hold for the 2.2.x
series (*cough*booleans*cough*)

Anthony
--
Anthony Baxter     <anthony@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>