Re: [pygame] switching between text window and graphics/game window (high score list) - crashes both text and graphics window

"you dont get to say
y/n to another game, it just shuts down."
 - like rene said, I usually just make a .bat file in the same directory
(just a plain .txt file with a .bat extension instead)
path = %path%;c:\python24
python mygame.py
pause

"when I F5-run the game from the python IDLE script"
- running anything from IDLE is sometimes a bad idea.
it's written in python (using tkinter)(so I've heard) and it screws
with your programs.
i'd suggest always running from command prompt or batch files.

"(it's a birthday present, and the birthday is approaching fast!)"
- sounds like an interesting present.

" Can anyone tell me why it crashes?"
- sure, email a full copy of source to
rabidpoobear  )\at/(  gmail  )\dot/(  com
if you want me to look it over
and i'll try my best to figure out what's up

"always a problem when entering keystrokes in the console window while
running a game? Esp if the game operates on keystrokes too?"
- if your program is stopping the game waiting for input I think that
would cause major problems; pygame freaks out if it doesn't get to
update its screen constantly (with pygame.display.update() or flip())
and this may be what's causing your problem.

"Any suggestions would be appreciated!!  I'd actually like to have it do
all this score stuff in the game/graphics window, and then it wouldnt
have that crash at all. But I dont know how to do that."
- I could whip up some sample code for you probably if you think it'd help.