Re: [pygame] Alpha Channel

Thanks for the new ideas. Luke, I already wiped the code I was using to test the program with six ships, but I'm pretty sure I was using only one pygame.display.update(). I already had a dirty_rects list, so most likely I just added on to that. I think the lag had more to do with the fact that the computer I do most of my programming on is an old EMachine 333. Even if you're right, I still have the issue of the ships blitting over other sprites. Farai, I was already using an image with a transparent layer as the background (created using GIMP). I didn't try deleting a pixel, though.

Either way, I've already changed the sprite over to an opaque image, and I've made too many changes to the image at this point for it to be worth having to re-do everything just to add some transparency. Thanks for the help, though, everyone.

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.