Re: [pygame] Alpha Channel

Thanks a ton, Brian, your little code snippet showed me what to do. I changed the program so that it constantly re-blits the ship's rect, first blitting the background, than the ship over it. There's no noticeable performance difference with one ship, but with six, which could easily happen during the course of a normal game in this program, there's major lag, not to mention everything near a ship has to be redrawn constantly or it gets erased....
it's really not worth having a little bit of transparency in the image. If anyone has any other suggestions on how to fix this, please let me know, otherwise I'll just remove the transparency. Thanks everyone for all your help.

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.