Re: [pygame] sprite engine

I'm interested in your code and if you allow it I would like to take a look at it to see, if I'm on the right track or if things can be done better than I do.

~DR0ID

I'm sorry, I can't, because I've been working on this for a long time now, and it will be a commercial product. I can say it's more elaborate and complete than any UI/sprite system I've seen for pygame. I haven't seen any open source or free code that does everything I wanted, so I had to write my own.

There is something you should take a look at tho - the best free UI system I've seen so far, is Phil's Pygame Utilities. I seriously considered modifying that to meet my needs instead of making my own... but decided against it when I got to know it better. The tab system on it is broken, it doesn't do fullscreen mode in Windows, the text editing capability is low end, there's no formal event system to hook into your sprite engine, there's an odd 'html form' orientation to it, some resizing bugs, etc. I finally decided I'd rather make one from scratch than fix someone else's bugs, but it was a close decision! It's certainly good enough to cut your teeth on though, if you're looking for example code.

I'm happy to talk 'theory' though, big overview concept sort of stuff.

--Kamilche