Re: [pygame] [PYGAME] Noob Help.

On Fri, 13 Apr 2007, python@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Alright how do you open a blank window. I tried the following:
> 	import pygame as D_ENGINE
>
>     size = width, height = 320, 240
>     speed = [2, 2]
>     black = 0, 0, 0
>
>     screen = D_ENGINE.display.set_mode(size)
>
>     while 1:
>         for event in D_ENGINE.event.get():
>             if event.type == D_ENGINE.QUIT: sys.exit()
>
>         screen.fill(black)
>         screen.blit(ball, ballrect)
>         D_ENGINE.display.flip()
>

> But it doesn't work.

Please always supply a traceback of the error you receive when asking for
help. "It doesn't work" is rarely helpful.

First problems from glancing at the code:

1. you're referring to "ball" and "ballrect" when they don't exist.
2. you also use the sys module without importing it.

Also, why are you renaming pygame?

    Richard