Re: [pygame] Wii Remote support -- first patch

Simon Oberhammer wrote:
great work, I'm already looking forward to creating games for wii-controllers - I will definitly check out this wiimote package some time in the next weeks. Does it work under linux? from the last email it doesn't seem so but the code looks like it does??

there's no reason the wii remote library wouldn't work under linux, if the HID library supported it.
So I can probably steal some code from that other, Linux wii remote library later and set it up in the HID library... but that's not my primary concern.
I want to get the wiimote library more featureful, and it needs a bit more abstraction, and then I'll work on getting it set up on Linux too.
But like I said, feel free to add that support yourself if you want, it shouldn't be difficult.
Let me know if you do want to do this, and I can let you know when a working version of the rest of the library is set up.
I'm fairly certain I'll have Linux and Mac compatibility in the next few weeks, if no one else feels like doing it
(luckily I have a friend with a Macbook, so I should be able to bum it off him a few days to test the mac code), but I can't guarantee it :D
I'll probably do the mac support before Linux, since when school ends he'll move back home, but I can easily get access to linux whenever I want.
I know you all probably hate me for doing Linux last :P but it works out better for me this way.
-Luke