Re: [pygame] Wii Remote support -- first patch

Luke Paireepinart wrote:

Also, I'm using overlapped I/O for the reads/writes, but right after I call the read and it returns control to me,
I call the kernel32.GetOverlappedResult to get the result, which is blocking.
So my question was: Is it cool to run the wii remote's update method in a thread, or should I recode it to where it doesn't
block and just returns nothing if it doesn't get a read within a few milliseconds or something?

Polling (with optional timeout) is the PyGame/SDL way; any blocking or threaded API can then be layered on top if the application desires it.

Alex.