[pygame] Europython July 9-11

Silly me,my company has changed its name.  So my messages to
pygame-users stopped going through, and I have only just noticed.

1. Europython would like some presentations about games you have
   written in python.
2. Europython has adopted the concept of Open Space.  We're going to
   have a large room available, divided into areas, where people can
   sign up for time to do -- well, whatever you want.  But hands on
   demos of games is one of the things that people are looking for.
   Absolutely ok to bring commercial, closed source projects here;
   providing security so we don't all download your cool games
   anyway is your own problem. :-)
3. People who don't live in Europe should consider writing a
   referreed paper and asking for a travel stipend.  This absolutely
   includes people in New Zealand (hint hint) and Australia (hint hint).
   Even if you don't want to write a refereed paper you can always
   ask about a stipend when you submit your presentation.  But we
   only hand out money until it runs out, and referreed papers get
   priority.
4. In addition to papers about code, we are also interested in papers
   about agile methodologies and agile project management, education,
   and the like.  So if somebody were to write a paper on 'how the
   PyWeek competition is organised' (hint hint) it would be well
   received.
5. There will be sprints.
6. People really can pretty much organise anything they want.  So if
   you want to do something, we'll see about arranging it.

more details see http://www.europython.org/
for some reason the refereed papers call for proposal is not on the
site yet.  I will go look into that now, but in the meantime it
is also here: http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.python.announce/msg/aaf5eb25f6a1447d

Hope to see you there,
Laura Creighton