Re: [pygame] about the great 100% CPU thread

Laura Creighton wrote:
My note about that did not get out due to my company and domain name
changing.

The pypy project has destroyed several machines so far in its 2 year history.
Mostly laptops, but at least one tower as well.  We're using all the CPU for
extended periods of time, and when we talk to manufacturers about it,
often about claims because the machine is under warrantee, they all ask
us what the heck we have been doing.  We tell them.  And they tell us that
their machines are not designed to run at 100% CPU for extended periods of
time.

However, should James Paige decide that despite all of this his dual
mac _still_ isn't having enough fun, we could send him some nightly
pypy builds.  That ought to do the trick. :-)

Laura

No way! It's amazing that computer manufacturers build a machine that can't run full-bore 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Well, I can believe it for laptops, sure, they've always had a heating problem, but towers too? Planned obsolescence sucks. :-P

I hope you got them all replaced under warranty.

--Kamilche