Re: [pygame] sound crackling and fmod

He's right - pygame.mixer.pre_init and all that doesn't appear to help, at least on my Windows 2000 machine. I left it in just in case it helps on some platforms tho.

I found what DID help, was setting the channel volume down to .5. One song I have perfectly illustrated the problem, when I played it on both pygame and windows media player. In Pygame, it sounded like it was overdriving the computer speakers, but when I played it in Windows Media Player, it was perfect, but quieter. I put 2 and 2 together, and reduced the volume, and got much better results.

The final result is a little worse than Windows Media Player, but at least it's not grating to the ears any more.

--Kamilche