Re: [pygame] award winning pygames.

Dave LeCompte (really) wrote:
People have used Python in commercial games, but as a rule, the
applications of Python are for game scripting, not access to the graphics,
audio, or input subsystems.

I have a friend at work who's pretty serious about a few MMORPGs. He has a bunch of kids and they all play Toon Town, and he told me this game itself was written in Python. That's pretty impressive. I've been writing C and assembly code for more than 15 years, and I'm amazed at how quickly you can crank out really sophisticated software with Python. As long as it meets your speed requirements, you can do the development much faster in Python every time.

Richard