[pygame] pygame participation in Google Summer of Code

I am considering applying to the Python Software Foundation to create
a generic AI module for pygame. I would create a framework for
fundamental AI algorithms like A* (for pathfinding), behavior trees,
and Finite State Machines (for behavior). However, on the PSF mentors
page (http://wiki.python.org/moin/SummerOfCode/Mentors), I don't see
any mentors listed who are associated with pygame. I am concerned that
my application may get rejected because the PSF is unable to find a
mentor for me. Are the pygame developers interested in mentoring
students, and if so, have they gotten in touch with the Python
Software Foundation?

Sincerely,
Nisarg Kothari