[pygame] help with opaque images

Hi,
I have a game Im making using pygame and pyopengl using Ian's SphereCollide ( http://www.pygame.org/project/620/ ) as an example and Im trying to get a 'radar' on the bottom right corner; similar like the one here http://www.pygame.org/projects/20/178/ in the screenshot, except that page does not work anymore. What Im trying to do is get a 'radar' image sort of a semi-opaque image. How do I do this? Im not quite sure how to integrate pygame and pyopengl and this is my first time using pygame.
Thanks for any help.
Cheers
Astan

--
"Formulations of number theory: Complete, Consistent, Non-trivial. Choose two."

Animal Logic
http://www.animallogic.com

Please think of the environment before printing this email.

This email and any attachments may be confidential and/or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must not disclose or use the information contained in it. Please notify the sender immediately and delete this document if you have received it in error. We do not guarantee this email is error or virus free.