Re: [pygame] garbled sound in pygame-1.8 on xp-pro sp2 on a dell laptop

I was using the same custom SDL.dll with both.  I am not using a custom SDL_mixer.  I have to use a custom one because I'm integrating a game with some 3rd party stuff that needs some special magic in SDL to work.  If I use the installed SDL.dll, pygame doesn't receive any events because of (insert some reason that is beyond my comprehension here).

Hope that helps!
-Phil

Brian Fisher <brian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
were you using the same custom sdl binaries with both 1.7 and 1.8?
were you using custom SDL_mixer or just custom SDL.dll? Why are you
using custom ones? what happens if you use the installer ones?