Re: [pygame] Webcam, OpenCV and Python/Pygame

hi,

that sounds like a really cool project :)

I think for pygame it wouldn't be a good idea to depend on a library
as big as opencv.  But it could be cool as an option.

Have a look on the pygame mailing list for a link to some code by Gary
Bishop who has made a ctypes based wrapper for using webcams with
opencv.
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.pygame/13425/match=opencv

I use opencv myself, and quite like it, but for pygame on different
platforms it would be too much of a dependency.  It would be very cool
for OLPC though :)  Especially if opencv is installed by default.

Also note that pygame 1.8 has code for thresholding, differencing,
averaging, and bitmasks which are all good for webcam programs.

cheers,