Re: [pygame] pygame for portable python

hi René,

first, i introduce them to k-turtle, a logo variant and the probably most
easiest way to get into programming. moving that turtle on-screen and drawing
simple geometric things is quite intuitive.

then, after 4 sessions ( 1 session per week) i switch to python using python
portable. python portable is fantastic: i can put it on a network drive, they
can put it on their usb-stick and do their homeworks where-ever they like and
dont have to install anything.

after some python basics (what is the interactive command line, how to print
hello, how to add some numbers, how to calculate a mean value over numbers etc)
i just start over with turtle using pythons turtle graphics. this is good - its
a recapitulation and they might get the idea that you can do same things with
different computer languages - so it doesnt really matter what language you
actually speak.

so - i understand your point that most modules are not yet python 3 ready,
but i only use pyturtle and pygame. and its a very basic total beginners course,
 so they wont encounter any great differences between 2.x and 3.0 in codebooks,
as i only teach very fundamentals like variables, loops etc. its a course for
university freshman.

ok, long writing, short message: i would need pygame for 3.0 in about 4-5 weeks.

thank you very much !