Re: [pygame] PGReloaded installation problems

Huh, I've never seen that build-dep command before. So that's supposed to fetch all the dependencies so that I can compile it from source? Is that command necessary for programs to be able to run pygame?

To answer your questions, I simply ran

sudo apt-get install python-pygame

then tried to run a game. No dice. So then, I tried to install pygame from source using this:

sudo apt-get -b source python-pygame

That was stopped by some errors thrown by apt-get, not pygame. I'll try your command later today when I have some free time, then I'll try using that for my pgreloaded problem. Thanks for the new approach.

Evan Kroske

James Paige wrote:
How are you using apt-get?

Here is what I do:

  sudo apt-get install python-pygame
  sudo apt-get build-dep python-pygame

The first line installs pygame and everything needed to RUN it. The second line installs everything needed to recompile pygame from scratch.

What are you doing differently?

---
James Paige