Re: [pygame] PyGame Website Rewrite

Hello,

On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 9:56 PM, jug <jug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

Analyzing  the current page in detail  is a good aspect to exchange
the site without any problems. Do we need to run and modify the current
page or is enough to read the code? Then you could send it to me and I'll
upload it to the page (I think we don't need it in SVN, do we?).

yeah, you're right.  I think reading the current code is likely good enough.

Phil sent me a tar.gz with the website code... I have to finish going through it to make sure there's no passwords, or peoples private information in there.  Then I'll upload it soonest so you can have a look through it.

Marcus, when I'm done looking through it, can I send it to you to have a quick double check for private info?

I'll have to do the same with the database data... get rid of email addresses etc before upload.

Sure, we could do that at google code but first I think, Tracs better (and looks
nicer) for developing with the community and then we could run the new website
from SVM there so everyone can always have a look at the latest version and test it.

And you normally don't get an confirmation email. Just register and login.

Regards
Jug

Sorry, I think we're going to have to go with the google code website.  Because it's got all the nice account management, which a lot of people have accounts with already... and it kind of seems safer hosted there.  As a bonus though, you won't need to administer it.

I have added these people to the http://code.google.com/p/pygame/
jug, pymike, marcus, nicholas, orcun, ian

Just with your google account email address on this mailing list... if you want to use another email address please send it over.

If anyone else wants to help with the website, please send me your google account email address off the mailing list to my email address directly (you can use non-google emails for your google account).

cheers,