Re: [pygame] Movie module information

Tyler Laing wrote:
Hello all,

One of the first steps I need to take for the GSoC project is to get user stories so I can build acceptance tests.

I want to hear what you guys(the users) want out of an updated movie module. What do you want to be able to do, and how?

I'm also interested in hearing what people liked and didn't like about the current movie module.

-Tyler

--
Visit my blog at http://oddco.ca/zeroth/zblog

Hi Tyler,

Well, there is this game framework, Pyzzle, just sitting on SourceForge, http://sourceforge.net/projects/pyzzle/ . It is for developing Riven like adventure games. It was working until a fix to the movie module broke it. It would be nice to see that project resurrected with a new movie module. So I guess this is a request for a working loop option for movie playback.

Lenard

P.S.

I am working on getting the ffmpeg libraries ready for Windows. I have built them using the proper C runtime for Python 2.5 (cross-compiled from linux). Once I can collect together the necessary headers and import libraries I will bundle them up and make them available. But they will have limited capability for now. I have only succeeded with an mpg to avi conversion so far. After this I will try customizing msys_build_deps.py for ffmpeg.

L.L.