Re: [pygame] Blitting image with alpha channel on a transparent background

On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 6:56 PM, Lee Buckingham
<lee.buckingham@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> As far as the alpha goes, my guess is that you're getting hung up because
> you've mixed two different alpha modes.  There's some caveats about using
> per-pixel alpha (like the .png file probably has) and the other modes (color
> key or single value alpha like you've got).
That's my guess to and as I'm no alpha stuff expert I turned to this list.

> So i'd first try just eliminating the transparency on the background, if in
> fact there's nothing behind it anyway.
I want to create a semi transparent GUI button with a solid image or text
so transparency of the background is the whole purpose :-)

Stas

--
Free-source educational programs for schools
http://www.schoolsplay.org  and http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Schoolsplay